Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I've been very blessed to have 2 wonderful mothers! My mother Lorrie, was called home to our Father in Heaven when I was 11, and in that same year the Lord blessed our family with my mother Judie, who has cared for us and loved us as if we were her own :) I will always be grateful for such elect ladies in my life!

I have many happy childhood memories with my Lorrie-mom. I look forward to the day when we will see each other again and share our happy experiences together. I know that she watches over us now, just as any mother would. Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom!

This photo was taken on the day that my parents, George and Judie were married. My sister, Amber wasn't in the photo, and obviously Damon wasn't born yet. This was the beginning of my Judie-mom's courageous journey to blend two families....they did a wonderful job and for that, I am eternally grateful to my mom! Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom!

9 comments:

Judie and George said...

This is very nice! I have always loved that photo of Lorrie. It's one of my favorites. I love her hair. She had that perfect hair we all tried to have.

Amye Kay said...

You look like your mom! What a sweet post to your blog. Mother's day this year falls on Jared's mom 9th year since she passed. It is so nice to have "new" moms who help make life a little sweeter too!

Wren/Karen said...

Those are great pictures. I love your ear rings. :)
Happy Mother's Day.

Kelli said...

Great post. I had not seen a pic of your mom, you look like her. Thanks for sharing. Judie did do a great job, one I tired and couldnt do, its a hard job to do, blending two families. And now reading everyones blog, you can really tell, everyone loves each other as there own. Where was Amber?

Honor said...

oh, our hair. *sigh*

Kelli said...

Come by my blog and visit. I have something for you. Kelli

Kimberly Robinson said...

Oh, how sweet! I love your vintage photos. What a great family!

Anderson Family said...

I loved looking at your photos! It's nice to get to you know better! I enjoy viewing your blog! PS-thanks for the great Maui book! I'll return it soon! :)

Anderson Family said...

I loved looking at your photos! It's nice to get to you know better! I enjoy viewing your blog! PS-thanks for the great Maui book! I'll return it soon! :)